The Morteratsch Campsite is located in the midst of a typical alpine scenery. Our unique setting between little streams, lakes and small woods is acompanied by a breathtaking view onto the peaks and summits of the famous Bernina range. The modern infrastructure is not only offering a high comfort for all guests, its ecological standards are also meeting the latest requirements, as we highly value our prescious landscape.
- 3 Sanitary facilities (only one is offered during winter season)
o 2 modern and handicapped accessible sites
o 1 older construction
- Gricery store including:
o Fresh goods
o Household and camping goods
o Gas and accessoires
o Electrical accessoires
- Common roomincluding:
o Seating for up to 40 persons
o Information corner
o Kitchen for individual use
o View onto Piz Palü, for up to 4 persons
o Restaurant,. in summer with terrasse
o Bistro within the shop
o Tipi – our special all-year-round restaurant offer
- Waste removal station for campers and caravans
- Gas service:
o Propane gas tanks in exchange 5kg/11kg
o Full butane gas product line from „Campinggaz“
o Gas refill station for foreign tank systems
Repair service and accessories
- Internet: Wifi hotspot free of charge
- Ping-Pong Table
- Bike rental in the summer
- Drying room with dehumidifier
- Shoe storage room
- Ski- and waxing room
- Laundry washer and dryer
Price includes following fees:
visitor’s tax, transportation tax, waste management fee 13.00
Youth (12-15 year old)
Price includes following fees:
visitor’s tax, transportation tax, waste management fee 9.00
Kids (6-11 year old) 5.00
Dog fee 4.00
Caravan + Car 18.00
Camper/RV (less than 3.5t) 16.00
Minivan (max. size VW-Bus) 14.00
Tent, small (max 2 persons)
Tent, big 14.00
Electricity fee 6-13 A/Night Summer 3.50
Unused Camp lots/Night
Extra fee for empty instalations 5.00
We accept credit and debit cards and also Maestro card
The dream of flying has been present for ages for mankind. Taking off and experiecing the world from above through a bird’s eye view is truly an unmatchable and unforgetable adventure. Thanks to paragliders, this dream is nowadays easily and safely satisfyable. The Morteratsch Campsite is the base for passenger flights within the Oberengadin valley all year round.
One of many scenic bike trails in the Oberengadin valley leads directly through the campsite.
Our small bike rental station is offering you a variety of bikes to explore nearby Pontresina or even the entire Oberengadin valley.
Unforgetable guided mountainbiking in the « Flowcountry Engadin »
In case you are interested to explore the beautiful and seemingly endless bike trails of the Oberengadin under supervision of a professional guide, come visit the Engadin Bike School: http://www.bikeschool-engadin.ch/index.php/angebot
- Hiking, trekking and Nordic Walking
- Alpine tours (information at « Bergsteigerschule Pontresina » or « Go vertical »)
- Rock climbing (closest crag only 15 min walking distance)
- Via ferrata (La Resgia – Pontresina, Piz Trovat – Diavolezza)
- High rope crag in Pontresina
- Swimming in the Lej Aratsch (small lake right by the campsite)
- Biking (the Engadin is offering over 400 kilometers bike trails in various difficulties)
- Nordic skiing (the campsite is located right by the regional cross-country grid, which is 150 kilometers long and includes both skating and classic slopes)
- Skiing and snowboarding within the multiple skiing areas in the Oberengadin (direct connection from the campground by public transportation)
- Snowkiting (well known and closest spot: Bernina Pass at N wind)
- Sledging (Muottas Muragl, Preda – Bergün)
- Ice Skating and curling in Pontresina (Sportpavilion)
- Winter hiking
- Bellavist swimming pool in Pontresina
- Ridein the RHB (UNESCO World Heritage), closest train station Morteratsch within 1 kilometer from the campsite)
…in case you should still get bored at the Morteratsch Campsite, please feel free to stop by and ask for secret tipps.
Important notes for reserving a camping lot
Summer season :
Be sure to reservate your personal favorite lot by paying a 30 CHF reservation fee and a 120 CHF pre-payment. The minimum required duration of your stay is now 7 days. Also note that both payments made, won’t be refunded in case you cancel your reservation.
Please fill out the form underneath and let us know when and which lot you would like to book (Please add the color of the chosen lot). We will do our best to find a lot according to your preferences and confirm your reservation.
There are no precise reservations possible during wintertime. Please inform us before your estimated arrival so we can assure that there will be enough lots available.
Following lodging options are available for each a maximum of 4 persons.
- 3 Alpine Style Huts, 1 wooden barrel for 2 persons
- 2 Caravans including an extended tent
- 1 Three room holiday apartment in Chesa Piz Alv in Pontresina
Alpine Style Huts
Connecting the flair of the naturally kept Morteratsch campsite with the comfort of a functional lodging opportunity, is now possible and available for our guests. The huts are specially handcrafted, durably made for the upper Engadin valley to withstand all weather conditions and hold up to 4 persons each. The beds come including sheets and the kitchen is fully equipped.
The huts are just a few meters away from our modern sanitary buidling and the main building including shop and Wifi connection, the huts are therefore not equipped with a water connection.
Prices starting at 60-80 CHF depending on the season and the specific hut. Visitor’s tax per person and night will be added according to the pricelist and as well as a 50 CHF cleaning fee.
Reservations will be accepted from a minimum duration of 3 days.
Rental caravans on the campsite
We also rent out 2 fully equipped caravans directly on the campsite, so you can enjoy a realxed stay in the middle of nature without having to bring all your camping gear.
Both caravans provide :
- Spaceous add-on tents in front of the caravan including seating options
- Kitchen with fridge, gas stove and, an oven
- Cooking and dining dishes
- 4 sleeping options including sheets
The all-inclusive offer per caravan and night (including electricity, gas, waste removal fee and sheets)
Caravan „Bellavista“ 65 to 90 CHF
Caravan „am Bach“ 80 to 105 CHF
Alpine Style Hut 60 to 85 CHF
Adults (including visitor’s tax and public transportation fee) 13.00 CHF
Youth (12-15 years) 9.00 CHF
Children (6-11 years) 5.00 CHF
Final cleaning fee Caravan 70.00 CHF
Final cleaning fee Alpin style hut 50.00 CHF